DNF: Ink and Bone  My Thoughts: Six of Crows My Thoughts: A Darker Shade of Magic My Thoughts: Quake

Sunday, December 16, 2012

CVC #4: Maximum Ride Vs The Infernal Devices!

Welcome to the brand  new segment I like to call CVC, short for Cover Versus Cover. Basically I give you two covers, a short analysis - as well as the authors name. Based on that- you'll vote for the cover you think best. The polls will close early Friday Morning. And on Friday afternoon you'll  come back to this post to see your voting  results. (they'll be posted on the bottom). A quick note to all my readers: there is a new CVC page on the top of my blog, there you'll see my  whole "master plan"  laid out for you. But Alas, onto the actual post: yesterday After some thought; I realized that many of the book covers I've chosen were either extremely bloody or very war-like, and would most likely not appeal to the majority of my female viewership. So to be fair,  I figured it wouldn't kill me to include some covers with  feminine characters. Anyhow, Here we go!

1) *ahem* In terms of clockwork princess, it (to me) has a main focus point. I've noticed that the answer changes with every person you ask. The focus point (to me) seems to be the big book that the princess is holding in her hand. If you look closer at the book you can see that its cover is almost translucent and is glowing with a yellowish energy. This energy is what the cover artist chose to engulf the rest of the novel. Almost everything you see is outlined/tainted with a yellowish aura bringing the whole cover together.
2) With Nevermore you have a less of a flowy outlining and more of a hazy definition. There is no focus point anywhere on the cover. In fact; one could  say there are two- the girl's face, and the sharp lettering in the middle. Unlike many other covers; these focus points don't split your attention equally, instead they force your eyes to constantly observe one focus point at a time. That trick is a commonly used tactic to attract your attention at a local bookstore shelf.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the book covers you see on this CVC post, However I am using them under the fair use act. Under fair Use I am allowed yo use these images as long as I am: Providing commentary (which I am) and or Providing criticism (which I am). Under fair use I must show where I have acquired these images from, you can find where I get these images from by clicking the image.

1 comment:

  1. Love the meme, great idea! They are both beautiful covers but I voted for Clockwork Princess.

    I saw your post on Book Blogs and have followed you. I would love it if you checked out my blog and considered following me back.

    http://www.readerswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete