DNF: Ink and Bone  My Thoughts: Six of Crows My Thoughts: A Darker Shade of Magic My Thoughts: Quake

Monday, July 22, 2013

[My Thoughts] Zom-B: Angels, by Darren Shan

  • Hardcover: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (20 Jun 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0857077643
  • ISBN-13: 978-0857077646
  • Product Dimensions: 21.8 x 14.2 x 2.6 cm
  • "The fourth book in the series. B finds refuge with Angels, a group of teenagers who are dedicated to the task of restoring order back to the living. They are led by a mysterious, kindly doctor who can answer many of the questions that have been thrown up so far in the series -- where did the zombie virus come from? How did it spread across the globe so quickly? What sort of creatures are Mr Dowling, Owl Man and the mutants? The answers come as B trains to find out if she is good enough to serve with the Angels, but they are so terrifying and mind-blowing that B soon starts to wonder if maybe she was better off before..."- DarrenShan.com 
    *DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED BOOK ONE*
_______
My Thoughts:
Darren Shan has really done it again with his new book; Zom-B Angels. I mean seriously, I am impressed.

Answers are dropped everywhere. On the streets, in labs, under fish tanks and as Dr. Oystein believes; in the Bible. All those burning questions from book one finally get quenched; in a refreshing and satisfying style. I was not expecting any of the revelations provided here; and that's saying something.

As usual, Zom-B: Angels was fast paced and smooth while still maintaining substance. Landscapes and settings were easily transmitted to the readers mind; with little effort necessary. Though there was the regular amount of gore, It didn't quite feel that way. Mostly because eating human brains is the norm now; and no longer " Eww, I'm eating human jelly- I'm a horrible person!".

And that, brings me to this woman. Ciara
 I thought the introduction of Zombie friendly HUMANS to the story was a great idea. Just think of all the dynamics you could bring, lessons you could teach, and the general drama that could ensue! *smiles*

On a curious note, it seems Daren Shan has taken to a new moral theme; and that theme is Religious friction. Before people get me wrong, Zom-B: Angels is by no means a religious book - and does not try to convert/scare people to or from religion. In my opinion, it simply has a light overtone about the misconceptions between religions; and how we can live prejudice-free as one. (Note: This book is YA..)

Wow, long review. Anyways; erhm..
Rating: 4.3
What to expect?
  • Brains
  • Answers
  • Zombies
  • Zombie Tech
______

No comments:

Post a Comment