DNF: Ink and Bone  My Thoughts: Six of Crows My Thoughts: A Darker Shade of Magic My Thoughts: Quake

Sunday, October 6, 2013

[My Thoughts] Zom-B: Baby, By Darren Shan

Hardcover: 224 pages 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Childrens Books
Release Date: (26 Sep 2013) 
ISBN-10: 0857077686 ISBN-13: 978-0857077684 
Product Dimensions: 21.8 x 13.8 x 2.4 cm

"The fifth book in the series. B is trying to settle into life with the Angels, but finds it hard to believe some of Dr Oystein's claims. When she decides to seek refuge elsewhere, she scours the streets of London in search of a place to call home. But what she finds will lead B to question everything that she has ever held to be true.."- Amazon

My Thoughts
Hmmm... This book was peculiar...

Zom-B: Baby, unlike its predecessors, focuses more on B and her internal struggle. While everyone else seems to be taking Dr. Oystein's revelation in stride, B's still reeling. Torn between calling him a Madman, or a prophet, our favourite zombie goes on a journey.

B's inner skirmish carries her across a devastated London, revisiting spots from her childhood, and reflecting upon old memories. It is this period of self contemplation that fleshed out B as a character. Her actions/way of thinking were greatly expanded on.

I know some people may think Zom-B: Baby was a "filler" novel, but I disagree. Yes the gore was lacking, but It was still enjoyable. Was I at the edge of my seat? No, but I wasn't bored; and is that not what matters most?

One thing that *Might* be an issue,  Is that actual "Baby" (If you can call it that), doesn't appear until about 3/4'th way. This wasn't too big of a problem for me, but I know some people might be bothered by this....[End of Review]
Rating: 3.5/5
What to expect?
  • Zombies
  • Building
  • Rage
Credit: Red Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment