DNF: Ink and Bone  My Thoughts: Six of Crows My Thoughts: A Darker Shade of Magic My Thoughts: Quake

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

An Imaginary Conversation with Mr.Google

Recently I found out that google will be shutting down igoogle because it became unnecessary.
 here is part of googles original statement:
"How did you come to this decision?
We originally launched iGoogle in 2005 before anyone could fully imagine the ways that today's web and mobile apps would put personalized, real-time information at your fingertips. With modern apps that run on platforms like Chrome and Android, the need for something like iGoogle has eroded over time, so we’ll be winding down iGoogle on November 1, 2013, giving you a full 16 months to adjust or easily export your iGoogle data."`- Google
``I really like iGoogle -- are there any other alternatives?
On your mobile device, Google Play offers applications ranging from games to news readers tohome screen widgets.
If you’re a fan of Google Chrome, the Chrome Web Store provides a similar range of options likeproductivity tools and applications to check the weather. In addition, just like iGoogle, you canpersonalize Chrome with a theme.`-Google`

I found this so frustrating that google has the nerve to pop a message up on my computer telling  me what I need, and don't need!
I love how google acts like everyone in the world, owns the latest copy of their new tablet, or mobile device ,As if we can all afford to spend 200$ on that. `


No comments:

Post a Comment