DNF: Ink and Bone  My Thoughts: Six of Crows My Thoughts: A Darker Shade of Magic My Thoughts: Quake

Friday, May 10, 2013

My Thoughts: The Son of Sobek by Rick Riordan (A Mini Review)

Page Count: 40
Release Date: May 7'th
Author: Rick Riordan
Series: Crossover  

"Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn't exactly friendly. . . . "-Goodreads









My Thoughts:
The Son of Sobek slightly (Oh so slightly) missed my expectations. Maybe it was the the concept, or the awesome cover, but it didn't quite hit the golden mark.
[Wait- We all know the premise right? Percy Jackson and Carter Kane mysteriously join forces to fend off a new enemy? Excellent. Onwards!]
I think my problem was the shortness of the story. Yes, I know; its supposed to be short! However Rick Riordan has written tons of short stories in the Demigod Files; and none of them felt quite like this.
The shortness of the story also led to another blemish,  which was the dim apparentness of a beginning, middle, and end. Almost as if Rick Riordan had written the story in three parts- then skillfully sewn them  together.
Truthfully though, I didn't mind any of those flaws. The simple notion of Percy Jackosn, and Carter Kane Meeting!?
It kept me doing this the whole time.
Rating: 4/5
What to expect?
  • Oversized Crocodiles!
  • Percy/Carter
  • Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment